Thank you so much for your post regarding the "Launch.ICA" issue. I was also looking for an answer and had hit a proverbial brick wall. I had removed and reinstalled the Citrix client as well as completely duplicated all of the IE8 settings between a working PC and one that produced the "Save/Cancel" dialog box. It took me several searches before I found this forum and your specific post.
I expanded the steps for anyone who might need a bit of clarification:
1. Open a command prompt with elevated privileges (local Admin)
2. At the prompt type:
a. For 32-bit Vista/Windows 7 or Windows XP: cd c:\program files\citrix\ica client and hit ENTER
b. For 64-bit Vista/Windows 7: cd c:\program files (x86)\citrix\ica client and hit ENTER
3. Type the following command: wfica32 /setup and hit ENTER
4. A message box should pop-up indicating that wfica32 has been successfully registered and to close all browser windows. Click OK, make sure all browser windows are closed.
5. Restart the browser and logon to Citrix
Eric Everson:I ran into the same issue, checked settings (do not save encrypted pages to disk) and then discovered the ica client was not registered with the browser. To resolve do the following; Open a command prompt in the same directory wfica32 resides (i.e. C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client) and run the following command; wfica32 /setup You’ll receive a response that registration was successful. Open browser window and login to citrix.
I've had this a few times when using new remote PCs to connect to the secure Citrix gateway at work. The solution's always the same for me:
1) Open the following URL in your browser:
2) Download & install the "XenApp Web Plugin" .msi file (from what I've seen it doesn't matter where on your C:\ drive you install it)
3) Retry Citrix access and it should work now