RDP-TCP Properties Network Adapter, in the Terminal Services forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

RDP-TCP Properties Network Adapter, in the Terminal Services forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Guest Posted: Thu, May 4 2006 1:36 AM
Our new terminal server has two NICs.
Each NIC has its own IP assigned.
If I select under RDP-TCP properties, a dedicated NIC (first NIC) for incoming RDP traffic, would the other NIC (second NIC) automatically be used for
other traffic such as connection to mail server and database server without having to set up any extra settings on those two NICs or do I need
to team them?
And for DNS resolution, since the terminal server has two NICs, each with its own IP, do I need to make both of the IPs resolve to the same
host name (terminal server name) or do I NOT specify a host name for the second NIC that's used for other traffic (just worried that the terminal server
users will connect to the 2nd NIC if the terminal server name resolves to the second NIC's IP instead)?

Thanks.
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Points 360
If you assigned the rpd traffic to one nic, then you probably have a setting in the mail/db
server that does the same. I dont remember but i think that is possible. (someone correct if
im wrong please). If you team them they will work as one.

If you define in your dns server the names assigned to the each ip then you want have
the problem you describe.
Johnyy... (*)
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS