Legal Notices at Logon..., in the Terminal Services forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Legal Notices at Logon..., in the Terminal Services forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Guest Posted: Wed, Jun 29 2005 6:00 AM
Hi folks

Have found these forums invaluable recently! A little background I guess here...have been thrust in to the position of being involved with certain aspects of the companies Terminal Services/Citrix enviroment? Not before had alot of involvment with either of these technologies!!! [&:]

I've been asked to change the "Legal Notice" presented at Logon to the user and admit that I am not entirely sure how I would achieve this?

We run Presentation Server 3 on a Windows 2003 enviroment, the users are presented with a "Legal Notice" at Windows Logon, they obviously then enter user-name/password and are then...redirected?...to their Citrix desktop during this process they are presented with a 2nd "legal notice" whilst logging in to the Citrix session...

It's the text of this 2nd "Legal Notice" I have been asked to update...and admit that I have no idea how I can do this now!

I'm aware of the WinNT WinLogon keys but they do not have the text as displayed in the 2nd "Legal Notice"?

Where might I find this information so that I can change it...any help very much appreciated as I admit I'm stumbling in the dark!

Many thanks

zym
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,735
Most likely it will be in a group policy associated with the citrix servers OU, under computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, local policies, security options, interactive logon:message text for users....

PTJ
  • | Post Points: 20
Guest replied on Wed, Jun 29 2005 7:57 AM
Thanks feret

This is originally what I thought and checked through the GPO but as yet have been unavailable to find this...?

Will certainly check once again but if nothing found just wandering if there is anyplace else I may track this down too...?
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Points 300
try local group policy on the servers also gpedit.msc

computer config - window settings - security settings - local polices - security options - message text ...

cheers

Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,735
Local Policies is also a possibility as T4Nack says.

If its not set in Local policy check whether the OU with the citrix servers in has GPO inheritance blocked. If it doesn't then it will be inheriting GP's from the OU's above it, the settings could be in the default domain policy or in any GPO associated with any of the OU's higher up the chain.
PTJ
Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,051
They may have simply hacked the registry also. It may not be GPO's at all
Guest replied on Wed, Jun 29 2005 1:04 PM
Or logon script...................
Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,810
I have set it i manuall on our citrix servers in the following path:

HKLM--SOFTWARE--MICROSOFT--WINDOWS---CURRENT VERSION--WINLOGON

THERE SHOULD BE A LEGAL NOTICE TEXT REG_SZ ENTRY. Fill this in with info you need and you users will see it everytime they login. Sorry if this is redundant info.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS