printer autocreation failed, in the Printing forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

printer autocreation failed, in the Printing forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 385
prasanna Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2007 8:19 AM
We are using cps4 with w2k.

In some of the servers in the environment, printer auto creation is not happening.

If we check in eventviewer, we can find the below error

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MetaframeEvents
Event Category: Printer Management
Event ID: 1107
Computer: xxxxxxx
Description:
Client printer auto-creation failed. The driver could not be installed. Possible reasons for the failure: The driver is not in the list of drivers on the server. The driver cannot be located. Driver mapping is incorrect. Client name: (xxxxxxxx) Printer: (xxxxxxxxxx) Client Printer driver: (xxxxxxxx) Server Printer driver: (xxxxxxxxx)

I checked in the citrix site and found that Hotfix MPSE300W2K3R04 will fix this issue. I donot know where to download this.

Is there any other way to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Prasanna

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Points 949
OK. Looks like the correct print driver is not installed on the Citrix Server. So you need to login to the Citrix Server. Go go Printers and Faxes folder>File>Server Properties>Drivers. Do you see the printer driver listed?
If not then you need to manually download and install it on the server. So once you download it and extract the files you will Click the "Add" button and browse to the printer driver files you just extracted.

After you have done this you may want to download the StressPrinters utility from the web and test the drivers you have installed on the server

Kevin LaBrec CCIA,VCP
kevin.labrec@win-tel.net

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Points 385
The respective drivers are installed already and it is not limited to one user or printer. In one of the servers no printer is available if we go to Start>settings>printers.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 24,605
Hi,

On the one server that is displaying no printers, it sounds like either the "Print Spooler" service or perhaps the "Citrix Print Manager" service isn't running.

The driver issue is likely caused by a client side printer driver name issue. The client side driver name must be identical to driver name on the CPS server. A common problem is that the client side driver has "MS" embedded within the driver name. You can setup a driver mapping in the Presentation Server console (not the AMC) under "Printer Management -> Drivers -> Mapping..." to create the driver name mapping. Just cut and paste the driver names as displayed in the 1107 event you posted.

Alan Osborne

President (MCSE, CCNA, VCP, CCA)

VCIT Consulting - Citrix/Terminal Services Remote Desktop Solutions for SMB

VCIT website My Blog

Not Ranked
Points 385
Hi,

The print spooler and printer management service is up and running fine.

And I will try to map the driver if the problem occurs again.

-Prasanna
Top 10 Contributor
Points 48,811
You might see both those services as "Running", but that doesn't always mean they are working properly. I have had servers where the Citrix Print Management service is running, but not working at all. A reboot fixed it. Stopping and starting the service doesn't always work properly for some reason. Probably because it is so tightly linked to the Print Spooler.

Why is it called "Common Sense"? It doesn't seem all that common!

Not Ranked
Points 385
I tried rebooting the server and didn't fix the issue.

As You mentioned I faced that issue earlier where it shows that the print spooler is up but not working properly.we applied the hotfix for the same and that fixed this issue.

But this seems to be different.

Not Ranked
Points 385
Hi all,

We found the problem. Printcfg.exe file in one of the servers is not working properly,is there any other way to fix this without re-installing citrix?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS