Citrix XTE Service, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Citrix XTE Service, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Points 410
Andrew Storrs posted on Wed, Mar 12 2008 3:14 AM
A question came up this week and I didn't have the answer, neither did anyone in the community I asked... so for a couple drinks on me in June at BriForum...

"What does the XTE stand for?"

:)

Andrew
  • | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,273
Beav replied on Wed, Mar 12 2008 7:03 AM

It's gotta relate to Xen right? Everything now relates to Xen even if it has been around for a while...

Xen Terminal Edition

Thinking about Xen you try to figure out different tag lines.
"Citrix - The power of Xen"
"Computing to the power of Xen"

Actually it is....
Extended Transformation Engine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 36,234
You're not the only one. Jeff and I were trying to rememember what this acronym meant too.

Patrick Rouse

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Points 410
Thanks Beav. See you in June?

Hey Patrick, I'm guilty of starting you down that path... Jeff was one of the people I asked. :)

Thanks!
Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,273
Beav replied on Wed, Mar 12 2008 10:44 AM

I wish I could be there but it doesn't look like the budget gods are allowing much this year...

I'm just glad I knew something that stumped some of the regulars. That doesn't happen much. :^)
Top 500 Contributor
Points 410
That's too bad. I hope they see the "inherent wisdom and virtue" of letting you attend next year. Maybe it's not to early to get them to practice some "XaXen" meditation... I'm sure it will lead them to "enlightenment". :P
Top 10 Contributor
Points 24,600
Hi Beav,

Have a look at the form letter here:

http://www.briforum.com/BriForum-2008-Chicago/why.asp

Maybe it will help to convince your boss - worth a shot :-)

Cheers,

Alan Osborne

President (MCSE, CCNA, VCP, CCA)

VCIT Consulting - Citrix/Terminal Services Remote Desktop Solutions for SMB

VCIT website My Blog

Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,273
Beav replied on Fri, Mar 14 2008 9:42 AM

Unfortunately I think we're in the mode of restricted training just like many other companies. So it is back to online reading, books, etc. I just enjoy the time away from the office when attending conferences to concentrate on the technology, network, etc.

Brian just needs to crank out a few more Citrix videos is his spare time. ;^) (Just kidding, I appreciate the ones that you have done along with the BriForum videos) Actually, is Brian going to release any of the Chicago/Amsterdam 2007 videos?

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS