AutoStarting PNA Application at Windows Login, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

AutoStarting PNA Application at Windows Login, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 110
Craig Davis posted on Fri, Nov 3 2006 11:35 AM
Does anyone know of an easy way to autostart and Citrix application that is access through the Program Neighborhood Agent. I currently have configured the PNA in my environment, with pass through enabled and I would like to autostart on of the applications that is published in my farm for some kiosk machines.
I have already tried to load a shortcut to the .pnagent icon in startup and that does not work. My thinking is that it fails because the pna has yet to login to the farm and verify what apps are available to the user.
CD
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Guest replied on Fri, Nov 3 2006 3:57 PM
you have to put a delay of some seconds depending of the speed of your client.
I did a vbs script that sleeps for few minutes and then invoke the .pnagent file and it works
regards
giordan
Not Ranked
Points 110
Thanks for the response. I am not that great of a vb scripter but what I have done is essentially the same. I created a perl script that calls the appname.pnagent shortcut and put a 30 sleep timer on when the line of code is executed. Worked like a charm.

The only difference is that perl is not a native language to windows so I had to compile the script into an executable using my perl development kit and placed a shortcut to that exe in the ALLUSERS\Start Menu\Program Files\Startup folder.
CD
Not Ranked
Points 120
Aaron Curtis replied on Mon, Apr 23 2007 10:04 AM
I found that if i created a .cmd in the all users\startup folder with these lines in it, it works. you have to customize the script for each application of course.

"c:\program files\citrix\ica client\pnagent.exe" "%userprofile%\start menu\citrix english\MS Office\MS outlook 2000.pnagent"
start "pnagent" "c:\program files\citrix\ica client\pnagent.exe"

Apparently starting the .pnagent file first, then immediately invoking pnagent makes it play nice. the delay also works if you want to go that route. I think citrix should step up to the plate on this one and fix the issue where users can't just create their own startup shortcuts.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS