UPHClean Not Working, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

UPHClean Not Working, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Points 3,220
Greg Spata posted on Mon, Oct 16 2006 9:28 PM
Metaframe XP FR3/SP3
Windows 2003 SP1
UPHClean 1.6d

Despite having UPHClean running on all the Metaframe servers, we are still seeing Event 1517 in the event log indicating profiles are not being cleared.

We also have Symantec Anti-Virus 10.0.1 running on these servers. We have the Anti-Tamper feature enabled. Our theory is that the Anti-Tamper feature is preventing UPHClean from doing its job. We're working through the red tape to try and turn this feature off, but it's taking precious time.

Does anyone have SAV 10 with Anti-Tamper enabled and UPHClean working?

Any other thoughts why UPHClean is ineffective?
  • | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Points 1,043
There is a new version of UPHClean, you should probably try it.

http://www.thomaskoetzing.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=246

It is currently beta version but it fixes a few bugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Guest replied on Tue, Oct 17 2006 8:46 AM
Thanks, but there's no way I would feel comfortable installing a beta product in a production environment. Maybe this will be an option later.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
Question: have you done any testing to see if it's causing the problem?
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Points 14,560
ORIGINAL: Guest

Thanks, but there's no way I would feel comfortable installing a beta product in a production environment. Maybe this will be an option later.

I have this beta running in my production environment and it causes no problems.

Did you investigate deeper why profiles are not unloading? Did you set the log reporting so you can see what happens etc.

Hans Straat , The Netherlands
CEO www.datacrash.net

Top 75 Contributor
Points 3,220
ORIGINAL: mutsje
Did you investigate deeper why profiles are not unloading? Did you set the log reporting so you can see what happens etc.

Thanks for your response. Please advise: how do I enable log reporting, and what log do I evaluate?
Top 25 Contributor
Points 14,560
Check out brain madden his posts about user behavoir. you should search this site not just the forum.I read an article on this site some while ago.

Hans Straat , The Netherlands
CEO www.datacrash.net

Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
Or simply remove/disable the feature to see if it's interfering. It's the easiest way to know and then you could contact symantec for a fix.
Top 75 Contributor
Points 3,220
Jeff,
As I said in my original note, there is red tape associated with disabling this feature - our hosting vendor views this as a major security risk. In the mean time, I was hoping for some expert advice from the community and possibly validation that someone else has this configuration working (or not).
Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
You pay them right?
Top 75 Contributor
Points 3,220
FYI: We disabled Symantec Anti-Virus Tamper Protection and it resolved our issue with the profile cleanup. Hope this helps someone else.
Guest replied on Wed, Dec 20 2006 12:15 PM
We have the same issue. However, have you noticed that if you logon to the console instead of ICA or RDP mandatory/roaming profiles are unloaded correctly?
Not Ranked
Points 15
I ran into this same issue on my CPS servers- I just created an exception for the %systemdrive%:\Program Files\UPHClean directory...

I really hope Symantec just starts recognizing it as a legit program instead- I hate making exceptions and the UPHClean utility has really helped in the past, especially given the frequency of Internet Exploder crashing...
Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,655
I have Event ID 1517, immediately followed by Event ID 1516, and users are getting kicked out of the application. We have verified the specific users & servers they are getting booted from, along with the time stamp on these errors. This application runs across 17 identical servers. I'd like to get some further feedback so we can implement something that should fix the problem rather than just shooting it with various solutions. This is a sensitive line of business application and obviously extremely critical.

thank you,
Not Ranked
Points 5
sborza replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 3:59 PM

William,

I realize you last posted this 2 years ago, but I am having exactly what sounds like your issue. Event ID's 1517 and 1516, and reports of sporadic disconnects from the user community.

I'm hoping that you were able to pinpoint the cause or/and have found a fix. that you would be willing to share.

Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS