By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
(this was originally posted in August, 2011)
Presented by: Jim Moyle
In this extremely technical session, Jim will dive deep into the guts of the Windows 7 disk system and cover the following topics and questions:
- What are IOPS? How do you measure them, and why does Windows 7 need so many?
- What aspects of Windows 7 are the main culprits?
- What tools will help you see inside the disk subsystem? What happens when you share these resources?
- Advantages and disadvantages of various storage solutions: SSD, SATA ,SAN, PCI-E cards, software
- What happens when you add antivirus into the mix, as well as backup and inventory agents?
- How to solve the problem of sizing for IOPS mathematically