By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
(this was originally posted in August, 2011)
Presented by: Jim Moyle
In this extremely technical session, Jim will dive deep into the guts of the Windows 7 disk system and cover the following topics and questions:
- What are IOPS? How do you measure them, and why does Windows 7 need so many?
- What aspects of Windows 7 are the main culprits?
- What tools will help you see inside the disk subsystem? What happens when you share these resources?
- Advantages and disadvantages of various storage solutions: SSD, SATA ,SAN, PCI-E cards, software
- What happens when you add antivirus into the mix, as well as backup and inventory agents?
- How to solve the problem of sizing for IOPS mathematically