This is a video of a breakout session from BriForum 2007, presented by Michael Thomason.
Session Description: As more users rely on Citrix/Terminal Services for application delivery, extremely fast login times have become more of a necessity. Not only does it enhance the user experience, it also creates less resistance for porting applications. Between profile creation, policy processing, folder redirection, antivirus software, and roaming profiles, login times seem to be increasing! Users expect consistent, reliable, and fast login times regardless of server user load.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
In this session, you will learn:
- Detailed overview of the user login process.
- Various system settings which dramatically decrease login time.
- How to enable User Environment Debugging to trace user login experience to determine bottlenecks.
- Best practices decreasing GPO policy processing time.
- Proper antivirus software configuration and other various filter driver tweaks.
- Various redirector and workstation service settings which enhance performance.
- An understanding of how various disk/profile layouts affect login time.
- How to reduce user profile size.
- Efficient methods for creating “roaming” user profiles/settings.
- Recommended methods and techniques for folder redirection including Favorites, My Documents, IE history, cookies, and others.
- Monitoring/Reporting on user login/application experience.