Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1 - Videos - BrianMadden.com
Videos's Blog

Past Videos

Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1

Written on Apr 22 2010 5,410 views, 11 comments

by Gabe Knuth

I had a chance to catch up with Quest this week while at MMS 2010, just a few days after their announcement of vWorkspace 7.1.  Rob Mallicoat (who also joined us for Geek Week earlier this year) took a few minutes to show off some of the new features. In this video, we talk about the addition of support for Hyper-V diff disks, the integration with Microsoft's Windows 2008 R2 Connection Broker, and we'll have a quick conversation about the updates made to Quest's EOP Xtream enhancements to RDP.

Comments

awedio wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Thu, Apr 22 2010 9:37 AM Link To This Comment

I have no audio? Is that a me problem?

Brian Madden wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:01 AM Link To This Comment

The video is playing with audio for me just now as I'm typing this.. (and I also refreshed to make sure.) So it works for me? Dunno what the problem might me?

Tony wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:06 AM Link To This Comment

No audio for me either...tried a couple different browsers too.

Kimmo Jernstrom wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:11 AM Link To This Comment

Thanks for the update on vW 7.1. Very interesting. Really.

Regarding audio. Yeah, I laso had that. It just vanished, came back, vanished.... Rather than being a Flash 10.1 RC issue I think it's down to prioratizing stream within the codec when b/w suffers -  where audio is taking the low prio beat. Well, thats my guess :)

on Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:11 AM Link To This Comment

I've tried IE, Chrome & FF, still no audio

btw, the other video play fine

Gabe Knuth wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Thu, Apr 22 2010 11:23 AM Link To This Comment

Sorry all,

It appears that the lower bitrate renditions of this video work well, but the higher bitrate ones aren't working. I'll have to re-upload this video before I can change it, so we're looking at a couple hours.

on Thu, Apr 22 2010 1:25 PM Link To This Comment

Ok, it's a new video up there. It works for me - keep us posted on how it works for you.

on Thu, Apr 22 2010 1:46 PM Link To This Comment

all good, thx

Daniel Bolton wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:17 PM Link To This Comment

Some excellent stuff. Quite a good set of new features for a DOT release/update.

It would be good to get some info on differencing disk scaling/limits/etc. How does it compare to the not-so-impressive link clones from VMware? - limits of 64VM's per LUN/replica?

The sysprep addition is most welcome too. I hate Windows System Image Manager!!

Dan.

Patrick Rouse wrote re: Quest's Rob Mallicoat shows some new features of vWorkspace 7.1
on Sun, Apr 25 2010 7:55 AM Link To This Comment

@ Daniel, Microsoft has a document on the performancing and scaling of VHDs in 2008 R2.

download.microsoft.com/.../WS08_R2_VHD_Performance_WhitePaper.docx

on Sun, Apr 25 2010 8:22 AM Link To This Comment

@Patrick - Cheers for that.