Presented by Joe Shonk, Project-based Consultant; Thin Client Computing Expert
In this session, Joe Shonk will talk about his experiences while working XenDesktop and XenApp deployments. Attendees will learn about design principles and implementation best practices in real-world scenarios from someone who's been working with this technology from the very beginning.
This session will cover topics such as:
- XenDesktop components, architecture and design
- XenDesktop vs. XenApp or should you use both?
- XenServer design and considerations
- Provisioning server design and considerations
- Storage and network design and considerations
- Active Directory and other infrastructure design and considerations
- Remote Access design and considerations
- High Availability considerations
- New Image Build or P2V existing desktops?
- To stream or not to stream your applications?
- Private images vs. standard PVS images
- Where to place the standard image vDisk?
- Where to place the standard image write cache?
- Desktop OS tweaks and optimizations
(Note: You must be logged in to post a comment.)
If you log in and nothing happens, delete your cookies from BrianMadden.com and try again. Sorry about that, but we had to make a one-time change to the cookie path when we migrated web servers.