In response to several requests in our forums, Mark Elliott has written a couple of VB scripts that backup and restore policies stored in a Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 or 4.5 farm.
The backup script is pretty straightforward. It allows you to parse two (optional) parameters:
- Logging detail level
- XML file name the policy information is written to
The restore script has some more parameters, all of which are optional. For example, you can:
- Specify the logging detail
- Whether or not to apply the policy filter
- Whether or not to overwrite a policy if it already exists
- The name of the XML file that you're restoring (from the backup script)
- The policy name (if you only want to restore a subset of the policies in the XML file)
Download a ZIP file containing these two scripts here.
(Note: You must be logged in to post a comment.)
If you log in and nothing happens, delete your cookies from BrianMadden.com and try again. Sorry about that, but we had to make a one-time change to the cookie path when we migrated web servers.