Let's start off with a look at some of the major server-based computing events of 2003:
In addition to the timeline, I'd like to point out what I think were the highlights and worst moments of 2003 for our industry. First, the highlights:
Best of 2003
- Citrix buys Expertcity.
- Citrix spends money on advertising.
- Other third party server-based computing products challenge Citrix's monopoly.
- Softricity Softgrid 3.
Worst of 2003
- Windows 2000 SP4 (when used with MetaFrame XP FR3).
- Citrix and Microsoft deny everything about Bear Paw.
- EMC buys VMware.
- Tarantella is delisted from the NASDAQ.
(Note: You must be logged in to post a comment.)
If you log in and nothing happens, delete your cookies from BrianMadden.com and try again. Sorry about that, but we had to make a one-time change to the cookie path when we migrated web servers.