New! Listen to this post in our daily podcast.
This Brian Madden Live show is a recording of a speech I gave yesterday afternoon at the Accelera Solutions Server-Based Computing conference. I spoke about:
- Why Citrix moved from being a single-product company (MetaFrame only) to a multi-line product company (Presentation Server, Portal, Online, HTTP Appliances, etc.)
- How the Access Suite evolved from being a random collection of unrelated products to a fully-integrated suite that offers functionality not available elsewhere.
- The difference between an SSL-VPN and an IPSec VPN, why Citrix bought Net6, and how Citrix replaced their Citrix Secure Gateway with the Citrix Access Gateway.
- What exactly Citrix Advanced Access Control is (a web portal product), and how it integrates with the Citrix Access Gateway and the Citrix Presentation Server in a unique way.
- What functionality Microsoft is adding to Terminal Services in Longhorn
- How the Terminal Server world will evolve beyond Longhorn
- How applications will evolve to be able to "flow" from device to device, regardless of display size or capabilities
- Why Citrix bought Net6, NetScaler, Teros, and Reflectent
- How Reflectent's Application Performance Monitoring (APM) capabilities are different than standard performance monitor metric-based monitoring tools
(Note: You must be logged in to post a comment.)
If you log in and nothing happens, delete your cookies from BrianMadden.com and try again. Sorry about that, but we had to make a one-time change to the cookie path when we migrated web servers.