New! Listen to this post in our daily podcast.
Today's Brian & Gabe LIVE was sponsored by VMware. We discussed VMware Mirage (formerly Wanova) with VMware's Tom Nikl. It was a great conversation, with lots of live listeners and tons of activity in the chat. You can hear a replay of the episode via the Flash player above, or you can download the MP3.
Specific topics included:
- How Mirage works
- Cleared up misconceptions about how Mirage works in bare metal provisioning scenarios
- The geeky guts of how Mirage handles client drivers, different hardware, application upgrades, user installed apps, XP to 7 migrations, and 32-bit to 64-bit scenarios.
- How Mirage "layering" and "streaming" are not the same as other industry uses of those terms.
- Future directions
- Life at VMware since the acquisition
- Why Brian is solidly on the D-List
- Why we should buy a gong for the studio
Seriously, it was a really fun show. Tons of info in a short time. Enjoy!
(Note: You must be logged in to post a comment.)
If you log in and nothing happens, delete your cookies from BrianMadden.com and try again. Sorry about that, but we had to make a one-time change to the cookie path when we migrated web servers.